When it comes to buying hardware, there are a number of factors that one has to consider. If you have been working as a constructor for a while, you will be aware of how important little details and features are when it comes to working machines. In my experience, more often than not, the trip to a hardware store for the optimal machine is harrowing and very time consuming. It is for this reason that I have listed a few top aspects that you should look out for while buying an air compressor, in this article.
How To Choose An Air Compressor
[cleveryoutube video=”VVEpHlrRPzw” vidstyle=”2″ pic=”” afterpic=”” width=”700px” quality=”inherit” starttime=”” endtime=”” caption=”” showexpander=”off” alignment=”center” newser=””]
Top Things to Consider While Buying an Air Compressor
There are a number of things that one must consider while investing in an air compressor. These are:
- Tool Requirements: Needless to say, the first step towards making a successful investment is analysing the requirements of the tools you have that need to be powered. What this does is that it narrows the search down immediately and you don’t have to waste inordinate amounts of time making last minute decisions. So, for instance, if you are working with heavy duty machines, it is essential that you look for a compressor that works with high-pressure. On the other hand, a simpler task like filling a tyre with gas requires a lower pressure gadget. In most of the cases that I have seen, homework and requirement-analysis is half the battle won!
- Determine the Type of Compressor: Air Compressor Spy offers predominantly two types of compressors. These are the piston type and the portable compressor. The decision to buy one or the other depends entirely on your needs and demands. Two examples of the use of each are:
- The Piston Type: If you need an air compressor for heavy machinery and the like, this is the one that you should go for. There are single and two-stage compressors where the latter is more suited for industrial operations.
- Portable Air Compressor: This type is more suitable for lighter tasks and home application purposes.
- Narrowing Down the Brand and the Model: When all the specifications as per your requirements have been met, it is now time to look at some brands and their models. In the next section, I will give you a short run down on some of the brands that you can go for. In the meanwhile, here are some things that you should keep in mind before settling for any brand. These are:
- Look at the reviews before purchase. Reviews of machines and hardware are rarely off the track and it is a good idea to follow them closely.
- It is important to ask for the warranty card. Many times, showrooms will send you packing without one, so you need to double check that you have one.
- In the case of compressors, while innovation is very good, it is better to opt for the tried and tested hardware. This will guarantee an increase in work productivity and overall satisfaction.
Some Brands that You Can Consider
There are a number of brands that one could go for while buying an air compressor. However, as with everything, there are some that have been proven to work better than the other. These are:
- Ingersoll-Rand: A popular and trustworthy brand, these guys have been producing air compressors that work wonders. From the overall efficiency to its commercial-grade performance, this heavy-pressure compressor is a dream-come-true for industrial constructors.
- DEWALT: Another known name in the world of compressors, the DEWALT has shown a marked consistency through the years. They are perfect for household applications and most of the compressors by this company are remarkably quiet and efficient.
- Industrial Air Contractor: Another favourite among the industrialists, these folks have been producing targeted heavy-pressure compressors for a while now. Most of their models- like the CTA5090412- are equipped with a Honda motor that allows for consistent high-performance.
When it comes to investing in air compressors, the one thing that should be kept in mind is that there is nothing worth more of a priority than requirements. While there is no one brand that I would recommend, the ones that have been outlined in this article have been known to show maximum efficiency. All in all, a detailed study of the model you are intending to buy for your purposes is sure to guarantee satisfaction and work productivity.